Top Image

the time between seasons, by rebecca alice

Posted on: Wednesday, June 25, 2014

the time between seasons, by rebecca alice
Rebecca Alice is contributing to the pool of talented Texas artists I am just beginning to discover and I love her dreamy photos. 



petite tenue: tell me a little about yourself!
rebecca: I'm 23 years old. I was born and raised in Marietta, GA and moved to Texas when I was 15. I'm a bit of an introvert but by no means am I shy. I love meeting new people because I find each person so interesting, I like finding out what makes them tick. I am one of seven children, me being the third oldest. There were often times in my life where I've felt invisible, but I like it that way because it leaves more room for me to observe. I enjoy spending my free time wandering outdoors, having my heart broken by films, or brainstorming my next project.


petite tenue: how did you get into photography?
rebecca: Around the time I was 15, I had this huge burst of inspiration and creative energy. I wanted to soak up the world. My mom was in the hospital at the time, I was hopelessly in love (or so I thought), I was discovering tons of new music and meeting new people I needed an outlet for all the twisting emotions I was feeling. Before I wanted to be a photographer, I wanted to make films. Before I wanted to make films, I wanted to make music. Photography was the easiest to get into, though I still to this day draw heavy inspiration from my favorite music and films. I would borrow my mom's point and shoot and document anything and everything. By the time I was 17 I had discovered the online photography community. I would spend hours online just in awe of everyone's talent and ability to capture beauty. On my 18th birthday I was gifted my first DSLR. My entire family had pitched in to buy me one. By the time I graduated high school in 2009 I knew I wanted to be a photographer, but I still had a lot to learn, so I enrolled at The Art Institute of Houston- North. I graduated last Spring and now here I am, poised for my next big adventure.


petite tenue: what do you have in store for the summer and the near future?
rebecca: I am currently working on refurbishing my website and starting a blog to share more of my work. I plan to travel a little more and photograph my experiences. I will also be making Austin, TX my new home! I'm very excited about it all.


petite tenue: if you could photograph anyone, who would you choose?
rebecca: As far as fashion goes, I love photographing people that have an otherworldly look about them. Elle Fanning comes to mind. I would also love to photograph some of my favorite artists and musical acts. There are too many to list here obviously, but there's something special about a photograph of a person who possesses a great talent, you can almost see it in their eyes. It transcends the medium and grabs hold of you.



photos: rebecca alice
instagram: @_ralice
model: bryan hamilton





0 comments:

Post a Comment

petite tenue All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger