Top Image

undressed: sam rogers

Posted on: Sunday, January 18, 2015

undressed, by petite tenue: sam rogers

Sam Rogers is a 20 year old photographer, based in New York. Her dreamy photos tell a really special story and I am over the moon to share some of her work and story.

undressed, by petite tenue: sam rogers

How did you get into photography?
I got into photography when I was around 12-13. I was really into making my own websites and graphic designs. I decided I wanted to take my own photos to use in my designs, so I borrowed my mom's little digital camera to do that. It started out as me taking pictures of things like flowers, grass, and my sneakers, and then I started taking pictures of my sister where I realized how much I preferred taking photos of people. During this time, I somehow came across the website Flickr, where I discovered a lot of other photographers around my age taking what I thought were the most incredible photos that I had ever seen. It opened my eyes to a whole bunch of possibilities that I had never thought of when it came to photography, and I strived to be like them. I continued photography as I began high school and pretty much abandoned graphic design completely, becoming really serious about it when I was a sophomore.


undressed, by petite tenue: sam rogers

What do you have in store for the near future?
The rest of the year pretty much entails completing my junior year of college! Each semester comes along with new sets of challenges for me, for example, sometimes it can be hard to balance shooting for school assignments and making personal work, but usually I manage to shoot personal work for school assignments. I plan to make as much work as I can (even during the winter, where it can be a struggle to shoot while battling the weather conditions/creative ruts that can get into) and keep improving my photography as I go along, hopefully getting my name out there as much as possible. 


undressed, by petite tenue: sam rogers

If you could choose anyone, who would you photograph?
There's tons of people I would love to photograph but if I had to choose one, I would choose Devon Aoki. I think she has the most amazing look and it would be a dream come true to work with her! 



visit: sam rogers

petite tenue: fashion, art, adventures

0 comments:

Post a Comment

petite tenue All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger